Best Way to Clean a Toilet
We get it. It's a toilet, and not many people enjoy cleaning toilets. But cleaning your toilet and bathroom regularly will make the process easier next time. Regular toilet cleaning eliminates harmful bacteria, ugly minerals or soil buildup on the bowel and rim of the toilet. With more than 15 years of toilet scrubbing experience, ecofriendly HealthyClean (Simply Clean in Australia) has found the best way to clean a bathroom. To keep your bathroom and toilet clean, ensure you always have the right eco-friendly cleaning supplies on hand.
Toilet Cleaning Supplies
Keep these supplies in a tote, basket or bucket to separate them from the rest of your eco household cleaning supplies.
It's not a good idea to clean the bathtub sink or floor with the toilet sponge or cloth or wash dishes with the same gloves.
- Scrub sponge or loofah
- HealthyClean Toilet Spray or Bathroom Spray or vinegar
- Toilet brush and Scrubbing Brush
- All-purpose disinfectant spray
- Pumice stone
- Eco Sponge cloths
- Waterproof rubber gloves - reusable (optional if using organic sprays and you wash your hands well after cleaning)
HOW TO CLEAN A TOILET
Follow our five steps for cleaning dirty toilet bowls to remove toilet rings, stains and funky smells – quickly and efficiently!
- Begin by applying HealthyClean Bathroom Spray or our Lemon Myrle or Lime Spray as your toilet cleaner- spray inside the bowl and rim of the toilet.
- Quickly swish the cleaning brush around the bowl, ensuring the disinfectant cleaning n spray is well distributed. Allow soaking.
- While the cleaner soaks germs and grime, spray the exterior of the toilet with an all-purpose Healthy Clean disinfectant like our Lemon Myrtle or Lime Spray and wipe.
- Next, use the HealthyClean disinfectant sprays and an eco sponge to clean the toilet's exterior and the toilet seat. Remove and clean the seat if you have a modern toilet with a quick-disconnect toilet seat.
- Use HealthyClean Floor Cleaner and disinfectant for the floor, paying attention to the base of the loo and the floor around the toilet. The ultimate bacteria host can be found within six feet of the toilet. That's why cleaning the floor around the toilet is so essential.
- Once the exterior of the toilet and the surrounding floor are clean, use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl. Suppose you have water rings or stains in your toilet bowl. In that case, you can sprinkle some HealthyClean Stain Remover and Soaker and leave overnight or use a pumice stone to remove these.
- Do you know the area underneath the rim of the toilet bowl where water pours out? Don't ignore this area! Use your brush and spray to clean the underside of the rim.
Cleaning Your Toilet Water Tank
Don't forget about the toilet's water tank! Remove the tank's lid if it is accessible, and look inside. You may see mineral buildup or crud.
- We suggest you use four cups of natural vinegar and pour this into the tank.
- Allow this to soak for at least an hour.
- Next, turn the water off to your toilet and flush the toilet. Draining the tank.
- Use HealthyClean Bathroom Spray to spray the inside of the tank. It is non-toxic and will help clean the tank. Use a scrubbing brush to scrub the tank walls while the tank is empty.
- Turn the water back on, allow the tank to fill, and flush the toilet twice or as necessary to rinse the tank.
Common questions about cleaning toilets :
How do you clean a very stained toilet bowl?
- Pour 1 or 2 cups of natural white distilled vinegar into the toilet bowl.
- Sprinkle some baking soda or HealthyClean Stain remover. You will get a sizzling reaction.
- Wait about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Scrub the stains with your toilet brush or pumice stone.
- Turn the water back on and flush.
Is Vinegar Harmful to Your Toilet?
Natural white vinegar will not harm your toilet's tank, bowl, or inner components. The substance is safe to use, removes dirt, grime and mineral stains, and deodorises toilets without purchasing and using a commercial toilet cleaner.
What is the most hygienic and eco-friendly way to clean a toilet?
Using a combination of HealthyClean disinfecting spray (Lemon Myrtle or Lime - Smells fantastic, too !) and a cleaning rag, paper towels, or a biodegradable sponge cloth. Ensure your cleaning cloths are reserved solely for this task). Don't forget to wipe down all the external surfaces of the toilet, paying particular attention to any areas you touch regularly, such as the seat and the flushing handle.
Is putting dish soap in your toilet good or bad?
You might keep your eyes open for clever cleaning tips and tricks and heard about putting dishwashing liquid in the loo or using it to help unblock a toilet. Before you try putting dish soap in your toilet, there are a few things that you should know.
This hack is effective as the soap attacks whatever is in your toilet the same way it goes after anything on dirty dishes. However, it may not be suitable as the rubber seals in your toilet cistern could be affected. You also want to ensure that the dish liquid is eco-friendly and biodegradable, as it can damage greywater systems.
However, using it is a solution to help unblock clogged toilet does work. There are many YouTube videos out there on this hack.