What Sets Us Apart When it Comes to Eco-Friendly Sustainable Kitchen Products
When it comes to our sustainable kitchen products and other sustainable eco-friendly household products from NZ, we adhere to high sourcing, certification and production standards to keep families, pets, and our homes safe. Our primary focus is to ensure you know how to find and choose sustainable products.
The Best Natural, Eco-friendly And Sustainable Products for Your Kitchen
Our kitchen cleaning products have all the necessary ingredients to ensure you won't struggle with any grease or food on your dishes. We understand that you need to know how to find sustainable products for your home, so we have some fantastic options to get your going:
- Our Dish Wash Solid Soap Block is a solid soap that effectively cleans your dishes, chopping boards from pots to plates to glasses. The soap bar is nontoxic, biodegradable, and made in New Zealand. In addition, the packaging is biodegradable and the soap is palm oil-free and artificial fragrance-free.
- The Concentrated Disinfectant Cleaner is a HealthyClean multipurpose cleaner that kills 99.9% of germs and smells, leaving your kitchen smelling and looking clean. In addition, the disinfectant is food-safe, TGA approved, which means you can use it on food prep surfaces or kids' toys.
- Pair your cleaning products with our brushes and scrubbers, and our Dish Cloths Compostable Swedish Sponge. These eco sponge cloths can easily replace your plastic kitchen sponges, microfiber cleaning cloths, and paper towels. The cloths can absorb up to 20 times their weight, which is 17 rolls of paper towels.
- HealthyClean range of unique formulations of native plant ingredients from Australia like Lemon Myrtle, eucalyptus, and citrus fruits is trusted y 1000 of customers and retailers.
Benefits of Our Sustainable Products From NZ
Moving towards an environmentally friendly lifestyle comes with many advantages, including safer living for your family and protecting the environment and wildlife for the generation to come. With our sustainable products in NZ, we provide you with the best quality cleaning products available.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products eliminate the strong chemical smell of conventional cleaning products. Instead, our products have scents of essential oils of natural perfume, that give off a more pleasant smell.
- The healthier we live, the healthier the environment will become. The chain reaction of green living is in motion and going green means reducing toxic waste and emissions in your home. With eco-friendly products, we encourage the chain reaction to continue for a healthier and safer future for all.
- Our products come in biodegradable or reusable packaging to reduce the waste going to landfills and our oceans. In addition, we encourage recycling the waste from our products, such as the packaging, or set up a home compost system..
Why Trust EKOH
At EKOH, we are on a mission to provide eco-friendly products that positively contribute to our community and planet. We aim to include safe and healthy products and make them easily accessible to people while supporting our local community, manufactures and producers. We contribute to the NZ economy, offer fair pricing on all our products, and give back through donations. We work with ethical production and designers. So, order your kitchen products online today or contact us for any further queries.
More than 85% of plastic bags used for packing or buying fruit and vegetables today still ends up in landfill or are dumped as unregulated waste, often ending up in waterways and the ocean.
With busy lives, we simply grab the plastic bag, fill it with potatoes, and rush through the checkout.
We have changed some shopping habits for good - now let's take teh next step.
Start by shopping for loose fruit, vegetables, and bulk foods like rice, flour, nuts, and even lollies and using a reusable Produce Bag.
Essential Pantry and Reusable Shopping Bags
What is an EKOH Produce Bag?
Made from organic cotton muslin and crochet mesh, our storage and shopping vegetable bags are durable, washable, and reusable, unlike plastic or paper bags pulled from your grocery store's produce section.
EKOH reusable produce bags are made from certified organic cotton. So you can be happy knowing that you are shopping for fresh food with no chemicals and zero plastic! Our vegetable produce bags are breathable and can help your fruit and veggies last longer in the fridge or pantry.
Using Ekoh organic cotton reusable produce bags replaces the need to use supermarkets' single-use plastic bags. Imagine what we could positively achieve based on the average Kiwi family's weekly shop. We could save more than 320 plastic bags per household going to landfills each year - imagine that good feeling!
Why You Should Use Reusable Grocery Produce Bags?
- It's the right thing to do if you care for the environment and your health.
- Plastic bags (yes, even the recycled ones) have a much larger environmental footprint than you may imagine. It starts with the energy required to make them, the decades it takes for plastic to break down, and the microplastics left behind.
- Reusable and 100% biodegradable cotton bags decrease pollution.
- Plastic bags, especially soft plastic, is challenging to recycle, so our cotton bags help you avoid recycling problems.
- Help protect wildlife & oceans from soft plastic pollution.
- Ekoh Produce bags are durable, washable and multipurpose.
Why use an EKOH waxed canvas Shopping Bag?
Waxed canvas is water resistant, you can wipe it clean , it is durable and mendable. But remember don't wash your canvas tote bag, it is a natural coated fabrics and the wax coating will wash off and the canvas bag will shrink.
- Most plastic carrier bags are made of polyethylene, and these take 10 to 100 years to degrade in landfills. Some plastic shopping bags currently marketed as “biodegradable” will contribute to plastic pollution if they are lost or littered. They do not break down as quickly and entirely in the environment as the degradable marketing term might imply. They are harmful to wildlife and ecosystems.
- Polypropylene is also a big NO. It is a durable material made from recycled plastic. It can be used to line some jute supermarket bags or as a material; these degrade slowly in landfills and take around 20-30 years to completely decompose. Check the labels of your bags.
- Bags made from Nylon will take 30 to 40 years to decompose in a landfill.