- Product info
- Product care & use
- Eco criteria & sustainability
- Ingredients & material
- How to dispose
Compostable cellulose and cotton dishcloths are natural multipurpose eco-friendly sponge cleaning cloths. Transform everyday cleaning with earth friendly, reusable dish cloths, replacing your plastic sponges, microfibre cloths and paper towels.
- Saving you money replaces single-use paper towels. Our eco dish cloths are 100% biodegradable; you can use one cloth over 150 times. Simply rinse and wash, air dry and reuse it again and again.
- Buying a 12 pack of eco cloths means you are buying bulk, and you save on the cost per cloth, you save time on reordering and shipping, and you do your bit to save our planet by reducing waste going to landfills.
- Reusable super absorbent eco sponge cloths will absorb 20 times their weight and replace 17 rolls of paper towels, plastic sponges, and microfibre cloths, which are not generally recyclable or biodegradable. Happy days!
Why we love eco sponge cloths:
- Made from natural wood pulp cellulose and cotton.
- FSC-certified fabric cloth made in Germany in the Swedish dishcloth tradition.
- Our cleaning cloths are soft when wet and quickly dry too hard to prevent bacteria, mould and germ growth.
- EKOH cleaning cloths are 100% biodegradable with no nasty micro-plastics.
- Eco sponge cloths are dishwasher, machine washable and microwave safe.
- Ethically made and zero waste to landfill.
- Ideal for Stainless Steel appliances cleaning.
- Reusable, wipe sticky fingers and soft enough to use as a damp napkin or serviette.
Size: 20cm x17cm - 6.5 “ x 8”
Design Name: Rainbow Brights Plain Colours Set of 12 Eco Sponge Cloths - 6 colours x2 of each fun colour.
Warranty & Returns: Unused, undamaged items in their original packaging can be returned within 30 days; please follow the returns process.
Want to know more about our EKOH Compostable Cleaning Cloths? Check out the Tab on the product page, read our blog or visit FAQs and learn more about EKOH STORE cleaning products NZ :)
- How to care for your eco sponge cloth:
- The dishcloths are made from natural materials, so they will shrink and expand, changing size
- Machine washable - Washing machine or dishwasher
- To sterilise, pop damp in the microwave for 20 seconds or use a soaker and hot water
- Do not Tumble dry
- Air dry
- Excessive rubbing or wringing of the dishcloth can damage the natural ink used in printing, so take care
- Colour code your cleaning chores - bathroom one colour cloth, kitchen another colour cloth and so on.
- Perfect cleaning cloth for any type of surface, from an indoor plant's leaves, wiping down mirrors and windows or the bathtub to your benchtop in the kitchen and kitchen appliances and washing dishes.
- Use the eco sponge cloth as a damp, non-scratch polishing cloth; it dries and cleans shiny surfaces streak-free and lint-free.
- For best polishing results, wet cloth and squeeze out excess water. Wipe over spills and residue in a circular direction.
- If the surface is wet, use the cloth dry to mop up the liquid or spill.
- Non-Scratch cloth can be used to wipe down the interior of our car, clean chrome and as a shammy.
PRO eco cleaning tips:
- EKOH STORE uses all-natural, raw FSC-certified materials: 70 % cellulose wood pulp and 30% cotton
- All printing is done using non-toxic inks
- Product packaging is made from unbleached Kraft card and is 100% eco-friendly. It degrades naturally within a few weeks, decomposing like leaves falling off a tree. It can be recycled for use in new packaging.
- All shipping packaging is plastic free, recyclable, and/or made from recycled content.
- Made in Europe, Germany, eco sponge cloths are made in the Swedish Dishcloth manufacturing method, used and proven in Sweden for decades.
- Printed with non-toxic organic inks and packed in a bespoke facility in Asia
- New Zealand brand and eco store, selling eco friendly products NZ
- We donate to Trees That Count- every purchase helps us support planting a native tree in New Zealand.
- Reusable, recyclable and biodegradable
- FSC Certified
- Made from 70% sustainable wood pulp cellulose and 30% cotton fiber in Germany, using a unique diamond weave method originally from Sweden.
- Designed in New Zealand and screen printed with no toxic inks
We believe that when an item is created, we must consider how it will be used and disposed of. It is essential to dispose of used products sustainably and environmentally consciously.
How to dispose of eco cleaning cloths :
- Your Swedish dishcloth is 100% biodegradable, so you can bury it, feed your worm farm or compost bin, and no nasty microplastics. If you don't have the option to home compost, simply pop it into your curbside green waste bin.
- Our dishcloth packing is 100% recyclable, so it can be binned in the recycle bin or composted.